Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fyrinnae Haul- plus mini review

All Haul Pic
Fyrinnae is an online beauty retailer known for their complex and colourful pigment eyeshadows, and their Pixie Epoxy a 'glue' used to keep pigments on the lid and not your cheeks! It also enhances the vividness of the colour. The nice thing about Fyrinnae other than the vast range that has something for everyone is the very reasonable prices. Everything is under $10 USD and any purchase over $20 (USD) is qualified for free shipping, internationally.
Fyrinnae is completely vegan friendly and does not test on animals. They also have the option of samples sizes of all their products and every order comes with a free sample based on what you ordered.
I've been interested in the company for about six months and finally decided to make an order. Here's what I got:

Sample size of Jade Ghost eyeshadow
Sample size of French Vanilla Shake eyeshadow
Full size of Sumatran Tiger eyeshadow (a portion of the proceeds goes to the World Wildlife Fund)
Free Sample of Otherworldly eyeshadow
Full size Pixie Epoxy
Sample size of Romantique Lip Lusture
Sample size of Ghostly Voice Lip Lusture
Sample size Ultra Phatom Lip Lusture

Starting with the Lip Lustures, I was highly impressed with the lovely colours and pigmentation of them. Ghostly voice was much darker than I thought but it makes for a lovely navy blue lip. However, I am a compulsive lip smoosher meaning that the texture of these (very liquid-vaseline-like) wasn't creamy enough for me to be able to wear comfortably, even with a lipstick underneath (as they tend to make the lipstick the same consistency of the Lusture). Below is a swatches blended in and just swiped on my hand.
Lip Lusture thick swatches
Lip Lusture sheered swatches
The pinky peach with gold reflect is Romantique, the light blue silver is Ultra Phantom (had the largest shimmer bits in it but did not feel gritty) and the dark blue is Ghostly Voice (which is stunning but dark)
These are completely non-sticky so if that's your thing these are definitely worth looking into.

Next up is Pixie Epoxy (unfortunately not in the Haul picture because I forgot it in my makeup essentials area- you'll see why below!) This is life changing for all my pigments! All you need is the smallest dab of this clear gel on your lid. It feels velvety smooth and doesn't feel wet, or greasy- in fact I pretty much don't feel it at all once applied. However, it's like a magnet for pigment, holding it to the skin so I don't end up with powder all over my cheeks! When I run out, you can bet I'll be purchasing it again.

Eyeshadows. Oh all the beautiful eyeshadows. It was extremely difficult to pick the small amount of colours that I did. I had to tell myself that I was only allowed spring and summer colours or I would have dived into jewel tones with glee and my credit card would have broken under the weight. Here is a shot of the colours I picked with dry swatches on the left and swatches over Pixie Epoxy on the right.
Cool Light Swatches
Warm Light Swatches
From top to bottom: Sumatran Tiger (a red-brown with green duochrome in real life the duochrome is much more prominent), French Vanilla Shake (a light brown almost off white colour that is mostly matte), Otherworldly (a very pale blue-green), Jade Ghost a pale green that changes gold in certain light. Overall, completely stunning shades I can't wait to wear again and again.
As a side note, the pattern on the Sumatran Tiger eyeshadow is tiger patterned- adorable!
Sumaturan Tiger e/s Packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment