Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just Because It's Pretty

I've decided to start a new series of post called "Just Because It's Pretty". These are products (from as usual non-animal testing brands) that are especially lovely to gaze upon. Whether it's the pattern of the powder or the packaging! These are not reviews but instead just products that are tempting due to looks alone. Tell me some of your favourite beauty items that you just like to have out to decorate!


Today: Chantecaille La Baleine Set
When I first saw these, my jaw dropped. These are so stunning, and beautifully detailed they almost make me cry (I love whales, they seem to move me emotionally). These are in the two colours shown, Bleue for eyes, and Blanche for face.


 Chantecaille describes the Blanche as: a beautifully soft, highlighting powder that perfectly adheres to the skin. Microscopic pearls produce a fine, brilliant finish that is delivered in three delicate shades--warm gold, pink nude and sheer ivory. Blended together, they create a nude, luminous, and slightly shimmery face. This fine, creamy formula glides on effortlessly and is packed with healing, age-defying botanicals.


and Bleue as: a soft, feminine trio of up-to-the-minute, marine-inspired eyeshades. Two highlight blues--a sheer pale blue and deep blue-grey accent--combine with a beautiful, iridescent champagne base. Together the collection is shimmery, chic and subtly sexy.


The whale pictured is a Blue whale with her calf, and sales from the set of two, or each individually benefit the International Union for Conservation of Nature. This charity works to protect the oceans of the world. The set costs $156 USD with each compact holding 0.35 oz of product. The colours of the powder are solid all the way through. If I was rich enough to afford this, I don't know if I'd have the heart to actually use it! (And I'd totally get the Bleue one! *drool*) This product is a complete and total heart thief, because I've fallen in love. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment