Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tartan Tale Swatches

Much much sooner than anticipated I've got the first swatches for you for the Mac Tartan Tale collection! As well as a new model photo, and her look. This holiday collection will be released in two parts, the first part (as defined in my previous Tartan Tale post) will be out in stores in the USA and Canada October 28th and the second part November 4th. For the rest of the world, I've been told the release is November for the first half, and December for the second. I want to give a HUGE thank-you to erine1881 on Specktra for providing these, and the time you took to get them. Thank-you!
First up, and skipping over my rambling, is what you've been waiting for. Swatches. :D

The Lipsticks:
 The Dazzleglass Creams:
 The Tartan Print Eyeshadows:
 The Peralglide eyeliners:

 The Blushes:

Note, of course that colours on everyone's computer screens differ slightly and these are pictures of swatches so in real life they may appear slightly differently but that is true of all swatches seen online. I can't wait to see these in real life! I'm particularly excited for My Highland Honey Blush, The Family Crest pigment, Glamora Castle, Semi-Precious, Enviably Fun, and Golden Crown eyeshadows, and Courting Lilac lipstick. What is everyone liking the looks of so far based on the swatches?
erine1881 tells me that the eyeshadows are really silky-creamy soft (but powder, not an actual cream!) and that the Courting Lilac lipstick will be different on everyone as it's a glaze and therefore sheer and subject to change depending on how pigmented your natural lips are.

The Model Look breakdown: Another fascinating red-head in Tartan, what can I say she pulls on my heart strings!

  • Brows-> Eyeshadow in Brule to fill in slightly, Clear Brow Set 
  • Eye highlight-> Vanilla Eyeshadow
  • Eye lid-> Golden Crown Tartan Print Eyeshadow
  • Eye crease-> Glamora Castle Tartan Print Eyeshadow
  • Upper Eye Liner-> Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner
  • Lower Eye Liner-> Fascinating Eye Kohl
  • Cheek-> Her Blooming Cheek Blush
  • Lip Liner-> Subculture Lip Pencil
  • Lipstick-> Cut a Caper Lipstick
  • Lipgloss-> Soft Dazzle Dazzleglass Cream
Here's some pictures of other permanent items mentioned that were used in her look.
Eyeliner by M·A·C at ShopStyle
Mac's Rapid Black Penultimate liner
Eyebrow Enhancers by M·A·C at ShopStyle
Mac Clear Brow Set
Subculture Lip Pencil (Dirtied Pink) (Source- Beauty of Life Blog)
To see more pictures of permanent items check out your country's MAC website.

That's it for now! As it is 12:30 a.m. here, I feel the need to sleep so I can study for my upcoming midterm and finish a paper due next week. Please PLEASE spare the time to vote in the poll! Even if this is your first time on the blog just vote for the type of post you came to visit. I want this place to be as useful as possible for everyone! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot dear I have been waiting for this swatches:)

    ReplyDelete