Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clinique Lash Power Mascara~ Review

Mascara by Clinique at ShopStyle

Clinique Lash Power Mascara is my favourite mascara formula of the ones I've tried to date. It's a tubing mascara which means that it goes on and then dries into 'tubes' around your lashes. Essentially the mascara sticks to both itself and your lashes instead of the traditional type which just sticks to your lashes. Why is this useful? NO SMUDGES! Guaranteed, every other mascara I've tried has left me with smudges and raccoon eyes at the end of the day and the next morning. The next morning because I can never get the original stuff off completely. No matter what I use, there is always some left, but not so with Lash Power! Because the mascara comes off with hot water and a washcloth and also because the mascara comes off in tubes, I can get all of it off at the end of the day.
The brush is really great on Lash Power as well because I can get into the corners of my eyes easily as it's so fine. It is even great for getting my super thin almost invisible bottom lashes.
No mascara

With Lash Power
See how much more defined and long my lashes look?
Another great thing about this mascara is that the mascara doesn't flake either, nor does it run. Even if I cry, sleep in it, work-out, or rub my eyes, my mascara still looks good. I've been using it for over a year now and I am so glad I bought this! Although it is sort of expensive, about $18.00 CND or $14.00 USD, this is the best mascara I've ever used. It can be layered over itself to be built up or one coat makes it look very pretty and natural. It comes in two shades Black Onyx and Dark Chocolate. Though the gunmetal coloured tube is shimmery the mascara is not so no worries there :D.
One thing to keep in mind though if you go through mascara quickly is the tube is quite small in comparison. Above is a picture of a normal sized pen and the mascara beneath. 6 grams or 0.21 oz of mascara is in the tube though. (In comparison Dior Diorshow mascara has 0.38 oz, Korres deep colour mascara has 0.3 oz, Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara is 0.65 oz, Laura Mercier Thickening and Building has 0.2 oz). 

The only difficulty some people has with this mascara is the removal. I recommend running hot water over a washcloth and then holding it to your closed eye. Then you can either wipe gently to the side or use your finger tips and gently wiggle pull along your lashes. It takes a little practice to get the hang of it but I put up with it due to the longevity this mascara gives.

Overall Rating: 8/10, because not as much product as many others (though it is in the range of normal), and the mascara takes a bit of work to get off. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this mascara! I also only wear tubing mascaras and this is my favorite at the moment. Looking into trying Fiberwig, do you know anything about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I unfortunately don't know much about fiberwig, I'm currently waiting in the mail for Blinc kiss me though, I'm hoping for good results from it! If you try fiberwig I'd love to know about it!

    ReplyDelete