Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer~ Review

I've been meaning to do this review for about six months so I'm glad I finally got around to it! Mainly this is because my skin is finally nice enough to wear a lighter covering foundation/Tinted Moisturizer and because I've been crazy busy with school and have been lazy so applying this has been my go to option for the last little while. 
Face Tinted Moisturizers by Laura Mercier at ShopStyle

Laura Mercier Oil-Free tinted moisturizer I originally bought to go on my trip to Africa with as it is something that has an SPF of 20 built into it as well as having as good of coverage as most sheer or light foundations. On me it certainly does reduce the appearance or completely hide my reddness or acne marks (depending on how bad they are) though for any active pimple or spot you're going to need concealer for sure. 
I figured showing you a swatch was pretty much useless as the colour Porcelain matches my skin perfectly (if a smidge pink). I like how you don't need very much to cover your entire face and I also like that it spreads easily. The tinted moisturizer doesn't feel greasy or heavy on at all and gives a natural youthful slight dewy finish. This dewy finish is great for winter I've found as my skin is quite dry lately, though in the summer with my oily skin I need to powder otherwise the dewy migrates into oily. I find the packaging easy to use and very convenient for traveling as no brushes are needed (I apply with my fingers). Honestly the SPF is a big one for me as most days I don't feel like adding yet another layer to my face so having it in another product is great for me. 
Unfortunately, the news is not all good and like most things this Tinted Moisturizer has some down sides. I really dislike the smell of this. It fades quickly (Thank God!) but it's pungent and in your face and chemically. I'm almost positive it's the SPF in the product that causes the smell but this one is worse than most. This also costs a pretty penny at $42 USD for 1.7 oz of product. And though this doesn't cause any break-outs for me and is oil-free I find that unless you have fairly calm skin that only needs some subtle evening out of tone this won't be enough coverage for you and it won't control oil at all. 
Even on my oily skin though it does last all day. There are 10 shades available and due to sheerness I would think that most people will find a match in their skin shade and undertone. 

Sprite Rating: 8/10 
I like the product and it does a good job but I need more coverage usually and it doesn't work on my oily skin in the summer time though it's perfect for winter. The smell also bothers me but I do have a perfect shade match!

Would I buy this again? Though I would be reluctant to purchase based on the price and the fact I really can't wear this year round I think I would purchase it again. I like the finish and the light weight of it as well as the sun protection. Plus it's hard to get this good of a match to my skin colour!

1 comment:

  1. This is my daily use tinted moisturizer as well. Love it!~

    ReplyDelete