Friday, January 21, 2011

NOTD: Color Club Snakeskin

Please ignore the messed up thumb, look at the beauty of the polish in the bottle instead :P
It's been awhile since I've shown a nail polish post so I thought I'd upload my current favourite! This little is by Color Club (which means they don't cost much and they are vegan as well!) and called Snakeskin (Number 901). And honestly this colour is stunning! Metallic silvered green with gold and silver micro-shimmer. To me it honestly has the feel of some sort of reptile in a swamp, which is great as I'm taking a Herpetology class this semester! (Herpetology is the study of reptiles and amphibians :D) I think this color is really unique, I love the fact that it has some variation to it because of the gold and silver shimmer so it looks really reptilian! 
This polish not only looks really cool but the formula is awesome! Just as good as Revvvolution (Shown in this post!) you really can pull off only one coat with both of these two Color Club polishes I've tried. Though I did two coats in the photos, Snakeskin applies smoothly and without brushstrokes. (Quite a few of my nails are messed up in this manicure, but it's not due to the polish, rather the Top Coat I used. I'm on the last dregs of my favourite China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat and it has gone thick. In combination with not enough on my brush most times I destroyed most of the nails. *pout*)
Close-up to see the awesome shimmer!
Overall Rating: 10/10 This polish is amazing in my opinion. Great formula, Unique colour, Vegan and Cruelty-free brand and costs under $5 a bottle. Fantastic!

Would I buy this again? YES! Yes, yes yes! There is honestly nothing I dislike about this polish!

2 comments: