Friday, January 28, 2011

NYX Pick Me Up!

I don't know about the rest of you but I've had an awful week. I know I could certainly use a pick me up and what better than something small, inexpensive and still good? I have a couple NYX eyeshadows but after seeing these swatches by Asphyxiation on MUA, and then getting permission to show you guys all the NYX eyeshadows, well I want more! (Especially because she was so sweet and helpful!) Here's the guide! (All images are by Asphyxiation, she did such a wonderful job! Be sure to look at them full size, you can really see all the subtle differences and finishes that way!)
NYX's Charcoals, Greys, Browns, Nudes and Blacks
Browns, Yellows, Oranges, Pinks, Reds
Greens and Blues
Blues, Purples, Pinks

Isn't that amazing?! If you want to look at anything closer just click the images. There are so many colours that really grab me, especially some of the mattes! I never knew NYX had matte shadows too! I was also astounded by some of the colours NYX has decided to discontinue recently, especially Ballerina, Red Bean, October Sky, and Spring Green as these are popular colours (and ones I want *tears*!)
The two I own are Apricot Moose (A pretty soft slightly frosty peach) and taupe (which I use for contouring).
Asphyxia has her recommendations too if you're interested.
Her favourites are:
  • Black
  • Smokie Mountain
  • White Pearl
  • Skin
  • Brown
  • Dark Brown
  • Deep Brown
  • Yellow Marigold
  • Yellow Funk
  • Golden Orange
  • Extreme Apricot
  • Light Green
  • Summer Green
  • Exotic Green
  • Mermaid Green
  • Ocean
  • Autumn Sky
  • Navy Blue
  • Lanikai
  • Purple
  • Violetta
  • Jazze Pink
The one she doesn't recommend is Hot Yellow (Shade name doesn't appeal to me either!) If you want to check out Asphyxia's YouTube you can do so here (She has all of them up as a YouTube video too!) What do you think? Any NYX shades that you want or ones that you  have and really like? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. @ Van: I know I couldn't believe it either! She did such a good job and all those colours! Blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete