Sunday, February 6, 2011

Murad Clarifying Cleanser~ Review

Face Cleansers by Murad at ShopStyle

I've been using the Murad Clarifying Cleanser for about a year now in an attempt to find a good, gentle, acne fighting cleanser that doesn't smell bad and works well with my clarisonic. A harder feat to acomplish than one would think, especially when only using creulty-free companies. Murad however fits the bill nicely with this gel cleanser.
Using Salicylic Acid as the main acne fighting ingredient, when I place the smallest amount on my Clarisonic Mia and wash my face I get almost instant lather and a penetrative feeling in my skin if I leave the bubbles on for about 20 seconds. It doesn't smell strongly and it doesn't dry my skin out/strip it of moisture majorly when I use it either.
Also included in the ingredients are Camomile and Green Tea, both to help soothe the skin. I'm all for this added benefit even if I don;t notice a major difference. These are also why the gel has a slight yellow tinge.
One of the main downsides of this however is the price. At $26 USD for 6.75 oz it doesn't come cheaply and it doesn't do things that other less expensive drugstore options do just as well. For me, though I cringe at the the buying of each new bottle, I'm willing to pay for the creulty-free aspect, and I like the smell, texture and lathering ability of this one. On top of that you only need the smallest amount per use. I literally use about half a pea-size per wash and that is more than enough with my clarisonic. Sephora currently has a limited edition 12 oz for $35 USD which is a significantly better deal, but is only available online (which is a bummer if you live in Canada like me- shipping bites and the increased price sucks too).

Overall I like this cleanser. It's not a miracle worker, I still have acne and acne issues, but the consistency is nice and I don't gag and feel nauseaus from the smell like I did with my previous cleanser, I actually rather enjoy the smell.

Sprite Rating: 8/10- lost marks for price and the fact it doesn't clear my acne completely (which at this point seems like only a miracle will grant)
Will I buy again? Yes, though expensive I find the product to be of good quality so I'll most likely purchase it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment