Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nars Cream Blush~ Penny Lane Review

Face Blush by NARS at ShopStyle
For my birthday (way back in December) I received Nars Cream Blush in Penny Lane, a lovely soft light pink with slight brown undertones.
I LOVE this blush! I like I can easily apply it with my fingers to just the right place on my cheeks, I like how flattering and natural the colour looks on me, I like how it lasts all day, I like the formula- an amazing cream to powder finish that isn't tacky, oily, greasy or wet- in fact it feels like powder on but wears so so much better. As a plus it also doesn't cause me to break out into acne spots! Yay!
Finger Swatch
All in all I adore this. The only issues I have are that I can't tell my Nars blush packaging from my Nars eyeshadow duos apart without flipping them over and the price. Though $27 USD, it costs a huge $34 CND, a seven dollar difference (which isn't fair at all considering our dollars are worth about the same). To me this is about as high as I'm willing to go on a blush, though for how great this blush is I'm willing to bite the bullet.
Swatched from finger onto hand
Overall one of the best gifts I received last year!
Blended- Look how natural it seems!
Sprite Rating: 9/10- lost point for expensive Canadian price!

Would I buy it again? Yes! Though pricey the colour is so flattering, feels so nice and has such a great finish I would.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! i was thinking of picking this up too :) with a 10% off discount, hopefully the price won't be too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jennifer- It's a great blush, even better if you can get it on sale!

    ReplyDelete