Wednesday, April 20, 2011

NOTD: Revlon Peach Nectar

Two bottles of Peach Nectar! Couldn't believe how different they were!
As most of you know, I've been on the look out for a light orange/peach pastel shade of polish and I recently found one at my local Rexall. Revlon's Peach Nectar, a really soft peach shade. However, the colour varies a LOT from bottle to bottle as seen above. These are both bottles of Peach Nectar and one of them is way way pinker than the other, as I'm sure you can see. I got the peachier one (on the left).

Unfortunately, this polish was awful formula-wise. Above is four coats. It didn't self-level, it was streaky to apply, it was incredibly sheer and really needed a fifth coat (I got fed-up and just left it at four). The only good thing I can say about it is that it lasted well on the nail once it was applied- almost 5 whole days before chipping. It's almost a jelly finish instead of a cream really, but honestly it was a pain to apply.
The colour itself is lovely, a pretty and subtle spring peach pastel shade. Almost nude, but not quite.

Sprite Rating: 4/10. For the price of the polish ($6 CND) and the lack of performance in application I just can't justify it. Nice colour, and it lasts well but if it look bad on then why wear it!?

Would I buy this again? No!! If I could I'd return it, so I'm still on the look out for a nice peach shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment