Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blogger Love! with Rachel from The Beauty Spot

This is Rachel from The Beauty Spot! You can check out her blog here!

Most of the blogger love questions are the same, but I've added a few new ones as I realized that I was leaving out most of the nail polish bloggers I follow! The shame! Anyways, heres all about Rachel who has an awesome blog with wonderful swatches! :D 

(As a side note the pictures of her and her hubby are from their wedding in St. Lucia, isn't she a gorgeous bride?)

1) Are you more of a Morning, Day, or Night time person?

More a day person mornings are a bit of a struggle and I'm pooped by bed time :) however I like to get up early on weekends I don't like to waste the day instead I play World of Warcraft for hours lolz :)

2) Something you struggle with on a day to day basis?

Finding time to fit everything in with a full time job and the blog and general life!

3) Favourite Animal?

Dogs especially cute ones like sausage dogs :P

4) Favourite Colour?

Hard to choose either neon pink or orange

5) Preferred foundation coverage and finish ex. Heavy coverage, matte

I want to look like those stupid airbrushed ad's so heavy but not "cakey" and matte is best no one wants shiny face!

6) How old are you?

27 on the 23rd of August!

7) What do you do in everyday life? If you’re a student what is your major?

I have worked in the Financial Services industry for many years not very glamorous I am afraid! I dropped out of college long ago it wasn't for me

8) First makeup brand that really got you interested in cosmetics?

Urban Decay I have always liked bright eye shadows and they were my ticket "in" I have since moved on to indie and lots of other brands but UD still hold a place in my heart

9) Do you have any makeup, nail polish or skin care items that are perfect for you? (HG items) If so which- include shade names please.

This is difficult, I have never really found my Holy Grail items. I have only been into makeup majorly in the past year and a half so I'm still experimenting.

Primer is a must though I use Hi Fi Cosmetics Shadow Fix and couldn't use my loose indie shadows without it! Hi Fi Cosmetics colours have also been a revelation the colour obsessed like me! Sugarpill is also up there!

10) What is your favourite food? Drink?

Omg pizza I have a massive thing for Pizza :) Hmm drink I have a penchant for Cherry Limeade and Vanilla Coke but can only get it in the states  so not that often!

11) Favourite Gem Stone?

I like the way moonstone looks!

12) Do you have any pets in your life? If yes, what are their names (and can we have pictures?)

No pets alas, I do have dog that lives with my parents but we commute a while to work so it wouldn't be fair to get a cat/dog

13) One place you’ve never been that you want to visit?

Japan no doubt about it

14) What inspired you to start your blog?

My frustration on reading blogs review 100 types of "brown" shadow I wanted to share what I like and that's usually very bright colours!

15) What are some of the most useful things you’ve learned about since you started blogging?

Lighting is everything, also not to "pack" on too much product on a swatch you want it to look natural and how people are going to use it. Also you don't have to have a top of the range camera for good results mine was only around £100 but has the functionality I need

16) Favourite Season?

Winter I love cuddling up in front of the fire and twinkling tree!

17) What do you use to take your blog photos? What type of computer?

I use Samsung ST70 Digital Camera - Black (14.2MP, 5x Lens) 2.7 inch TFT Screen

My PC is not describable cos I'm a doofus, my other half makes sure it's up to spec and gaming ready!

18) What genre of movies/books do you like?

 For actions Sci-Fi, Action and that sort of thing I HATE chick flicks!! Books I'm pretty open I read a lot of fantasy and the odd paranormal one

19) Other hobbies or events that you’re involved in?

I am a big video game enthusiast. I play a lot of World Of Warcraft but also love other RPG's and action games. I'm actually going to the London MCM Expo in October dressed as Ezio from Assassins Creed (think London's Comic Con?)

20) Most unique eyeshadow you own?

Sugarpill Royal Sugar that is a very unique blue, I have trouble applying it but the mega colour makes up for it

21) Most unique lip product?

Hmm the Illamasqua intense glosses are pretty awesome

22) Favourite colour combinations?

Hot pink, red and orange!

23) Favourite piece of jewelry? Why is it your favourite?

I have a bracelet my mum bought me with tiny pressed flowers in it, all different ones in little bubbles its unique and pretty

24) Best drugstore product you’ve tried?

Wet N Wild shadows I got them on a beauty swap cos they are not available in the UK

25) Random fact you'd like to share about yourself?

I'm a sucker for Gary Oldman and Mark Strong!

26) Favourite Nail Polish Brand and why?

Ooo tough....Zoya I think they have a lot of unique colours

27) Most unique polish you own, why?

Orly Space Cadet it's a true duo chrome and looks amazing

28) Favourite polish colour to wear?

Zoya Charla (I know I'm predictable!)

29) What are the best top coat, base coat, treatments you’ve tried for your nails?

The thing I have found works best for me is the Zoya color lock system it makes my polish last and last with minimal chipping I would purchase again

30) What is your favourite finish of polish? (IE. Cream, holographic, matte, etc.)

I hate flat boring polish I love holographic but I am always disappointed in them they look great in sunlight but I am in the UK!! I mean come on! I will always keep an eye out for holographic though, next to that is duo chrome and glitter and or neon!

Yay! Thanks so much Rachel! I certainly feel the same as you about a lot of different things like sausage dogs (so cute!) and holographic polish looking best in the sunlight but kind of meh inside. 

You can check out Rachel's blog The Beauty Spot <--there. 

2 comments:

  1. Rachel's awesome! Love her blog. It was fun learning more about her. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Vij and Sprite was really odd to see a picture of myself in my feed!!

    If your wondering what the little purple dude im holding in the first picture is, it's a little toy I bought my mum like 10yrs ago and she takes it on every holiday and takes pictures of it! It's been through a lot even stolen and found again (my mum had her purse stolen from the house and he was in the local park!)

    ReplyDelete