Friday, January 20, 2017

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, Review & Swatches



Today I'm reviewing the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. This is a popular formula from Nars and now upon trying it I can see why. I'm kicking myself for not trying them sooner.

It comes in a standard pencil format meaning you have to sharpen it in order to get to more product. I personally love twist up pencils so the packaging is a bit of a miss for me. There is 0.5 g or 0.01 oz of product in the full-size pencil for $33 CND or $27 USD.

The formula itself is fantastic. It is matte but I'd say it's one of the best matte formulas I've tried. It stays matte and doesn't smear easily but it will transfer. It won't bleed into lipliner either. The Velvet Matte Lip Pencils are still fairly comfortable on too, unlike the way I find most liquid matte lipsticks that dry down these days. The colour glides on smoothly and it's richly pigmented. And best of all it's long lasting. So long lasting it made it through a dinner of soup and four hours of wear until I had another snack.

As for the colour itself, Cruella is a beautiful blue-based almost neutral red. It's so gorgeous on for me, a statement but not so loud that it's too much. I love the depth of the colour too. It's just so classy. 

Have you tried the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil formula?

Ingredients: c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Sprite Rating: 9/10

Could be less expensive, and a tad less dry, but otherwise it's a great formula, and it really lasts a long time.

Disclaimer: The widget at the top of the page is an affiliated link. I get five whole cents if you click it, but mainly it's there for the professional photograph done by the company. I received this lip pencil as part of Sephora's Beauty Insider Program for my birthday. The Beauty Insider Program is free for anyone to join.

1 comment:

  1. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete